Our Building

Built in 1875, the Charles Sikorski (whose true name and spelling is still disputed) Building is the oldest commercial building in the entire Brady Street district. Sikorski operated a joint saloon and grocery store out of the building before selling to Schlitz Brewing Company (RIP) in 1883. The building, then known as 850-852 Franklin, was a Schlitz tied house for a number of years into the early 1900s. In around  the 1930s, George Haack owned the building and operated a sheet metal contracting business, which is where we presume our beautiful floor-to=ceiling tin tile  interior came from.

In 151 years this building has been just about any and every type of business you can imagine: saloon, barbershop, radio shop, antique store, general store, record shop,  multiple bike shops, and the long-standing East Side staple Brady Street Futons.  It has often housed two businesses at the same time, and sometimes even three. 
502563844_3213003418866100_2292164888752180883_n.jpgbarber shop and furnaces air conditioning circa 1959.jpgpats bike shop.jpgMss-1180 F7 Brady Street Festival, 1973 3A.JPG




























We spent nearly 18 months completely transforming this building to restore it to its former glory; lovingly restoring original hardwood floors, hand-painting every square inch of antique tin tile, and custom building our very own bar, back bar, and mirror wall from scratch, staining them to match our vintage hardwood furniture. The results truly have to be seen to be believed.

IMG_4020 Large.png
IMG_9395 Large.png


IMG_6046 Large.png














IMG_9400 Large.png